Japan Drama: JDrama Worth Watching  

Posted by moroka in

I do watch J-Drama sometimes, and some of them are far too great than the K-Drama, while some are crappy enough for the time that you have spent on it. So, here is the list of my personal favorite J-Drama (according to my own ranking). I haven't watch J-Drama as much as K-Drama, so forgive me if I'm not being fair enough for the short list:-


1. One Liter of Tears (One Liter no Namida)


"To be able to smile and tell everyone this; i have, at least, cried one liter of tears.

"Just being alive is such a lovely and wonderful thing.."

"Even though I have been hurt before by those heartless glares this also helped me to understand that around me, there still exists some gentle glares. Therefore, I definitely won't run away. That's what I'll do. Definitely. Always."

"Reality is too cruel, too brutal. I don't even have the right to dream. As I think about the future, the tears will come out again."

You must have remember these sentences in this drama. It is a really sad drama. Why?

This drama is based on the real-life struggles of a 15-year-old girl named Aya who suffered from an incurable disease, but lived life to the fullest until her death at 25. The script is based on the diary Aya kept writing until she could no longer hold a pen. The book that later followed entitled One Litre of Tears has sold over 1.1 million copies in Japan alone. Aya Kitō proved her courage and positive attitude towards an uncertain future when suffering such an illness, spinocerebellar ataxia.

This drama really makes me appreciate my life even more than before. Recommended to anyone.


2. Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO)

This is a really enjoyable drama. A lot of unexpected things occur among the high school students, and only a great teacher can solve their problems, in a way that you have never think about it.


3. Attention Please


It is not easy to be a cabin attendant or stewardess, and it is even more difficult for a girl who is not lady-like. Whatever you wanna become, you choose. The successfulness of your job, however depends on how much you put yourself into it.


4. My boss my hero


This is a really funny drama with a lot of actions. It is about a man who can only inherit his father position as a gang leader if he can graduate from the high school. The fact that he left the school since he was little, it was a great challenge for him to graduate.



5. Gokusen



This is a delightful series about a young female teacher who just happens to be in a yakuza family. Starred by one of the ex-Morning Musume, this is a very enjoyable drama. This drama is quite similar in concept with GTO but I put this after GTO because for me the level of fun in it is lesser than the latter. :p


6. Engine


I like this drama because the story is really good. It is about love and sacrifice. And love here does not have its limit to man-woman relationship, as in most of the dramas. What is so good about Takuya Kimura? I'm not really sure. My sister who happens to be so much of a fan of him said that he is so cool. Acting like cool, talking like cool. Whatever.


7. Beautiful Life

Sad thing about the real life; sometimes you just don't have so many choices. You can just do some things to help the person that you love, with your limited abilities, and limited time. And when the time comes, you have no more choice, but to let go.

This entry was posted on Saturday, August 2, 2008 at 10:57 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

hi..
hallo Iam from Indonesia, sorry if my english is bad but I interested with Ur blog about japan dorama.
Iam agree with U!
Beautifull Life make me cry full night,maybe cauze the actor is takuya kimura?
I like 'Love Generation', 'Change','The Grand Tribe'
all of takuya kimura hehehe...

October 21, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Post a Comment